Before a business begins operating, a Business License is required. A ticket will be issued for operating a business without a license. Follow these steps to obtain a business license from the City of Belton. Policy and Procedures Information Packet
Submit an Application
Fill out and submit an Business License Application
Check for Additional Regulations
- Proof of identification - (only one is required) acceptable identification includes:
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of Good Standing letter from the secretary of state
- Missouri driver's license
- Naturalization paper
- Proof of Cass County taxes paid - personal property tax receipt for Belton business owners
- No tax due statement required for retail sales businesses only
Check for local zoning ordinances, regulations, building permits, and fire codes. Certain businesses require additional licenses / regulations
or are only allowed in specific areas.
Set Up an Inspection
It is the business' responsibility to call and set up inspections with:
Pay the Appropriate Fees
- Building Inspections - Ph: (816) 892-1260
- Fire Inspections - Ph: (816) 265-6161
- Health Inspections, Cass County Health Department (if the business involves the sale or preparation of food) - Ph: (816) 380-8425
- Any business wishing to produce or distribute food items must contact the Cass County Health Department. A plan review process may need to be completed prior to starting construction or taking over a pre-existing establishment.
After all inspections are completed and approved and all required information obtained, you can pay the appropriate fees
at City Hall and a license will be issued to you.